Jody Werner and Murray
Child/Adult Regional Medal Finals Champion
Woodside Fall Finale Horse Show
Hunter Jumper Trainer
Hugh C. White
P.O. Box 781
Penngrove, CA. 94951
Personal Web Site: www.Whites-Farm.com
Hugh's Photo Album
Hugh's program of classical training methods and sound
horsemanship continues to produce winning horse/rider combinations. Hugh has
been training hunters and jumpers for over twenty five years. His students and
horses compete at all venues -- from local shows to the AA circuit, from the
short stirrup ring to the Grand Prix field. Hr has found, started and brought
along countless young horses and introduced new riders into successful show
careers. Hugh's stable currently competes at a mix of A and B shows in Northern
California, as well as ventures to Arizona and Southern California. Hugh
continues to show his client's horses in the hunter and jumper divisions. He
excels in starting young horses over fences.
Hugh is a fourth generation horseman. He grew up breaking
and training horses and competing in hunter-jumper shows, combined training,
dressage, and even some polo. He was fortunate to work, at a young age, with
some of the outstanding horsemen of the US Army Equestrian Teams. He has a
BA degree in English from the Virginia Military Institute. He began training
professionally in 1975. Hugh has competed successfully in all hunter and jumper
divisions, through Grand Prix He has worked, trained and shown in his native
state, Texas, as well as Virginia and his present home, California.
- Started J Rochford, 1984 A/O Hunter Horse of the Year, Didi Loeb, owner.
- Found Maverick AHSA and PCHA Green Hunter Champion with Paul Bennet and
- Started Phinesse, NORCAL and PCHA Green and A/O Hunter champion with Gry
and Duncan McFarland., Nancy Dias, owner.
- Trained Terela Belle, Champion Preliminary Jumper with Joe Fargis, Dr. and Mrs. Bruce Daniels, owners,
- Trained Stormy's Night, Champion Preliminary and Amateur Jumper, Butch and
Lori Stroupe, owners.
- Trained, rode and owned Shadey Grove, Champion Preliminary Jumper at the
Napa Valley Classic and the Menlo Circus Club.
- Trained, owned and rode The Patriot, winner of the 1992 Napa Valley
- Started Cowboy Bob, Champion Junior jumper with trainers, Scott and Kyle
- Started Rocket J Squirrel, Champion Children's Jumper, Patty Ball, trainer,
Michael Mastagne, owner.
Some of Hugh's career highlights include top placings in Grand Prix in Texas, Colorado, Arizona and California. He won the 1992 $10,000 Napa Valley Classic on
The Patriot. He coached the winner of the 1995 Almaden Medal Finals, and is students have won numerous hunter, equitation and jumper championships, and placed at the top of their divisions at the NORCAL year end awards. Horses that Hugh has started have gone onto win numerous USAE, PCHA
and local championships.
Horses For Sale
Hugh always has a selection of quality green and made horses for sale as well
as the horses listed below.